Rosemont Avenue Fire Sends Saline Woman to Hospital

Local News Needs Your Support

Donation Options

 05/02/2015 - 23:46

 

A 52-year-old Saline woman was transported to U of M Hospital Saturday night after a fire tore through her home on the 500 block of Rosemont Avenue.

Firefighters were dispatched to the home shortly after 11 p.m.

Before firefighters arrived, nieghbors saw Tammy Diuble trying to push a burning chair out the front door of her home, where she lives with two cats.

Neighbor Tom Cowen sprayed the fire with water from a garden hose until Saline firefighters arrived.  

Lt. Dan Speicher, of the Saline Area Fire Department, said when firefighters arrived, the woman was outside of the home. She was transported to University of Michigan hopsital with burns. Firefighter Sean Payeur located the two cats under a bed and brought them out to safety.

Lt. Speicherr said smoking is believed to be the cause of the fire. He estimated damage at $55,000. Speicher said the fire department had the fire under control within 10 minutes of arrival on the scene.

The scene on the quiet neighborhood street was emotional when one of Diuble's son arrived. 

bu9a9639_cat.jpg

bu9a9633_fire.jpg

bu9a9642_fire_speicher.jpg

Tran Longmoore's picture
Tran Longmoore
Tran Longmoore is a veteran community journalist. He is founder and owner of TheSalinePost.com. He is co-publisher of The Saline Post weekly newspaper. Email him at [email protected] or call him at 734-272-6294.

Follow the author on         or visit   Personal Blog