Join Saline Area Players for an audition workshop on Sunday, July 30, in the Ellen E. Ewing Performing Arts Center/(Saline High School Auditorium), 1300 Campus Parkway, Saline, MI. Students in Grades 1st -8th (Going into this fall!) should plan on attending the first session from 2:00-3:30 P.M. High school students and adults should plan on attending the second session from 4:00-6:00 P.M. The workshop is to prepare interested actors for upcoming auditions on August 5 for the popular musical Oliver! Show dates are October 20-22.
Is this the first time you've auditioned for a musical and you're feeling a bit nervous about what to expect? Are you curious about how best to prepare for your audition? During this workshop, participants will be given an audition packet containing:
- Recommendations for choosing an audition song from the show or of their own choosing.
- A plot summary and background information about the show
- A list of roles available, character descriptions and vocal requirements for each
- A description of the required time commitment/ a rough rehearsal schedule for general ensemble as well as featured roles
- Tips about what directors will be looking for!
And, you will have the opportunity to do cold readings and/or improvisational exercises based on characters and scenarios from the script, all with director feedback and input. You don’t have to attend the audition workshop to audition for the play. Please note this workshop is FREE.
Have questions or need additional information? Please contact, Artistic Director, Rebecca L. Groeb, at (734) 330-7327 or firstname.lastname@example.org More details at www.salineareaplayers.org about the workshop and the auditions.