Today Saturday September 30th is the day. Saline will host a Washtenaw County Clean Up Day at the Department of Public Works from 9:00 – 2:00 pm for county residents.
This is a drop off event and a great opportunity to discard house hold chemicals, old televisions and computer monitors, tires, construction debris, appliances including those containing Freon.
If your packing your car or truck today Electronics is the first drop off item so place them on top. See the site map attached to organize your vehicle.
WHAT: Washtenaw County – CLEAN UP DAY
WHERE: Saline Department of Public Works
1234 Teft Court, Saline
WHEN: Saturday, September 30th
What to bring: See the attached Flyer for more details:
- Household hazardous materials (cleaning supplies, motor oil, pesticides, paint, mercury, etc.)
- Electronic equipment (computers, televisions, toasters, etc.)
- Scrap metal
- Appliances (washers, dryers, air conditioners, refrigerators, etc.)
- Medications (no liquids or inhalers; must be in original container or paper/plastic bag; no glass or metal containers)
- Sharps (diabetic needles, etc.)
- Traditional recyclable materials (plastic, glass, aluminum, cardboard, paper, etc.)
The Clean-up Day events are free, but there is a suggested $10 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain these community collections.
Residents can bring up to four tires for free, but a $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, appliance or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item.
“Bring us the stuff you don’t need, and we’ll make sure it’s taken care of safely,”