Saline City Council will take up a request to have a public hearing on liquor license for the Emagine Entertainment theatre expected to open in March at 1335 E. Michigan. Ave.
Council meetings Monday night at City Hall at 7:30 p.m.
CH Saline (Emagine Entertainment) has applied to the city for a resort liquor license. According to documents in council’s agenda, resort liquor licenses are a new type of license and the city clerk’s office is working with the city attorney to develop an application and process for such requiests.
Clerk Terri Royal is asking city council to hold a public hearing for the liquor license at the Feb. 6 council meeting.
Here’s what else is on the city council agenda:
- Melinda McCabe will present information about the Saline Youth Council.
- Chief Larry Hrinik will provide a quarterly report on progress at the Saline Police Department.
- In the proposed consent agenda, council would appoint David Rhoads as an alternate to the River Raisin Watershed Council and Katie Spence as an alternate on the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Sylvian Mayer has requested to fly the French flag at the four corners from Feb. 11-15. Students from France will be in town on an exchange.
- Council consider adopting a 457 deferred-compensation retirement plan though MERS. The plan operates similar to a 401K plan where employees can defer compensation into the plan on a pre-tax basis. The city offers these plans to employees, but not through MERS, which holds most of the city’s retirement business.