The second annual Fourth of July Fireworks show happens Thursday, or organizers are adding a few features to make the event a little more family friendly. The show is sponsored by the City of Saline and Grand Sakwa Properties, which is developing the Layher Farms property on North Maple Road.
Here's what you need to know about the fireworks.
The actual show is slated to begin shortly after 10. Once again, the fireworks will be launched near Crabtree Field, in the center of the Saline Area Schools campus between Saline Middle School and Liberty School.
Organizers have lined up other features this year. The fun starts at 8 p.m. Features include:
- DJ Crown will play music. And during the fireworks, his music will sync to the show. The stage will be located south of Crabtree Field, near Thibault Lane
- Bounce2It Party Rentals is providing a bounce house/obstacle course for kids just outside of the southwest corner of Crabtree Field. There will be two attendants watching over the activity.
- The Crabtree Field concessions stand will be open, selling ice cream and water.
- Saline Marching Band members will sell cotton candy.
What You Should Bring
- Chairs, or a blanket to sit on.
- Ear plugs.
- A flashlight
- Food and beverages (Not alcohol)
What You Shouldn't Bring
If you're watching from the school property, school rules apply. So the following are prohibited
- Tobacco products.
- Drugs and alcohol.
Traffic and Parking
See the map below for more. Or watch Officer Dave Ringe explain how traffic's going to work.
Last year, traffic was a mess after the show. Thousands arrived at their own pace. But after the show, everyone left at once. So Saline Police are going to ask police to follow these exit guidelines:
- People parking at Liberty School are going to exit onto Ann Arbor Street and turn north (right).
- People parking at Woodland Meadows and Heritage are going to exit on to Woodland Drive, and turn east (right)
- People who park at Saline Middle School or Saline Lectronics will exit on North Maple Road and go south.
- Extra handicapped parking spaces will be available in the lot at Liberty School.