Saline City Council awarded a $15,443 contract to Midwestern Consulting LLC to provide design and bid services for six paving projects that should be done by the end of the year.
Here are the projects:
- Colony Court. Milling and resurfacing, some concrete repair.
- Harper Drive. Milling and resurfacing, some concrete repair.
- Oakwood Cemetery. Reconstructing drives.
- Downtown Parking Lot 4. Milling, resurfacing and reconstruction.
- Torwood sidewalks. Sidewalk and ADA ramp replacements.
- Salt Springs Park. Construct parking lot and river walk.
City Engineer Gary Roubal said having one company provide design and bid services for all six jobs is efficient.
“By combining the six projects into one you get an economy of scale to get lower unit prices,” Roubal told council. “We save on overhead, on administration, on testing and all the things involved in the project.”