Middle School Back in Class After Smoke Causes Evacuation

Local News Needs Your Support

Donation Options

 09/27/2012 - 11:05

Saline Middle School students are back in class following an evacuation Thursday morning.

At 10:05 a.m., smoke was seen coming into the building, according to assistant superintendent Steve Laatsch. Students and staff were safely evacuated and the Saline Area Fire Department was called. Firefighters determined that an air handler on the roof burned out and released some of the smoke into the building, according to Laatsch.

Fire Chief Craig Hoeft said the evacuation went smoothly.

"The students and staff did exactly what we drilled for. Everything went smoothly," Hoeft said.

Students and staff were escorted back into the building to resume classes.

 

Tran Longmoore's picture
Tran Longmoore
Tran Longmoore is a veteran community journalist. He is founder and owner of TheSalinePost.com. He is co-publisher of The Saline Post weekly newspaper. Email him at [email protected] or call him at 734-272-6294.

Follow the author on         or visit   Personal Blog