The Washtenaw County Road Commission (WCRC) will hold a Public Information Meeting regarding the paving of Textile Road from Hines Drive to Michigan Avenue (U.S. 12) and the Platt – Textile Greenway. The meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, Feb. 8 at the Pittsfield Township Hall, 6201 W. Michigan Ave.
The meeting will be an opportunity to learn about the construction plan and timeline for this project.
During this project WCRC and its contractors will also:
- In partnership with Pittsfield Township, build the Platt-Textile Greenway, a 1.3 mile non-motorized pathway, which will connect Marsh View Meadows Park to the existing non-motorized pathway running north-south along Platt Road.
- Replace culverts at the Koch-Warner and Pittsfield No. 5 Drains.
- Install new traffic signals at the intersections of Textile Road/Michigan Avenue and Textile/Platt Roads.
- Construct center left-turn lanes at the intersection of Platt/Textile Roads.
- Resurface pavement from State Road to the end of existing pavement.
- Install new railroad crossing guards with warning lights at the train tracks.
- Pave the Old Hickory Trail Parking lot.
Construction will begin on or after June 18, 2018 and is expected to be completed by mid-November, weather pending. Tree removal related to this project will likely occur in February and March. Learn more about the planned detours and project timeline by visiting the project’s webpage and signing up for email updates: http://www.wcroads.org/wcrc-project/textile-road-3/